22 November 2018

New Look #6514; It's a Vest/Duster


Here's New Look #6514 (View C). I ordered this bit of bodice fabric online, I can't remember where from. This vest/duster can be worn over a variety of wardrobe pieces, e.g., jeans and a tee, fitted dress, etc. The skirt fabric is a semi-sheer, black crinkled rayon. Handling required care when cutting out this fabric, as well as when sewing. I really pinned the edges to the max before sewing, so that the fabric wouldn't get away from me. It worked out and I'm happy with the results. Using the finished garment bust measurement as a guide, I cut out a Size Medium which I knew might be a bit tight around the bodice, but Size Large would have been too large and maybe a sloppy fit because of that. I adjusted the front edges and side seams of the bodice, sewing 3/8" instead of 5/8" seam allowances, to give me those extra inches that I needed; perfect fit after tweaking!

EASY Duster & Vest Sewing Pattern~Sleeve Variations (Sizes XS-XL) New Look 6514

No comments:

Post a Comment