22 July 2016

What's a girl to do???

I sew; I think about sewing; I think about sewing fabulous wardrobe pieces; however...here I am. This is how I run around, from garden to kitchen, to sewing/craft room, to sitting at fabulous computer (courtesy of savior husband), where I blog thoughts to no one in particular that I know of, except myself. Thus, to myself I shout, "What's a girl to do?!" The need for a fabulous, trendy wardrobe is an infrequent necessity, but still I want to sew one. Additionally, I think I have become the incredible shrinking woman...that is, I should say, in and around the shoulder area where patterns are concerned. Bigger tummy, wider waist, shrinking shoulders, or something like that; which has tempted me to dabble in the dark world of pattern adjustment. I used to fit in a Size 10, then a 12, then a 14...get it? Holding that line at Size 16 (12 off the rack); it's not so fun as it once was, to watch measurements shift and change. I am the blob, herself. Truth be told, my patterns require very little adjustment, lucky me, but in my mind...

3 comments:

  1. I understand what you're saying as I'm in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are many people like us. We no longer have the demands on our time that prevent us from sewing, but we also don't have the need for the fabulous garments that our minds want us to create. The truth is I no longer even know what my "style" is, so adapting it to serviceable garments is nearly impossible. I seem to be drifting from my old classic style to one that wants to be a little more fun and trendy. At my age that seems nuts to me and yet makes perfect sense all at the same time.

    I totally relate to the narrow shoulder dilemma. I'm still struggling to get a good fit in the shoulder, but my blouses are a lot better than they used to be. I wish you the best of luck in your quest for a good fit & a gorgeous serviceable wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete