06 July 2017

Chloe's Custom Fit - Grandma's Panty Factory

At age 7-1/2, my granddaughter has experienced problems in trying to find ready-to-wear underwear that fit properly, serious business in my book. She's somewhere in between a size 6 and 8 off the rack, too small at one end of the size spectrum and way too big at the other end. "This won't do," I said to my girlie. I already had a class stashed in my www.craftsy.com library, "Sewing Panties - Construction and Fit" taught by Beverly Johnson. Following class guidelines, I was able to create a custom-size child's pattern with no problem at all. After sewing up a sample and with only a couple of minor adjustments, I had a perfect-fitting, master pattern for this dear girlie of mine. "These are so comfortable, Grandma!" she exclaimed. I am so very happy to oblige and will be sending along a batch of undies which I know she will love. We laughed as I teased that grandma had a mission and that Grandma's Panty Factory was now in action. Fabric of choice: cotton/lycra jersey with about 30% crosswise stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment