20 August 2018

Jacket Express #218; Islander Sewing Systems

Most recent project: Islander Sewing Systems Jacket Express pattern #218. Fabric: Dark magenta/natural animal print, cotton/lycra slubbed bottom weight fabric, which I had purchased online for $2.99/yd some time ago and, until I tried it on this jacket, I had no idea what to do with this wild print.  I had purchased a class through Craftsy.com, "Sew Better, Sew Faster/Garment Industry Secrets," by Instructor Janet Pray (the jacket pattern came with the class). I think the pattern and the fabric turned out to be a good match. By following the written pattern instruction booklet and with the Craftsy video instruction as a guideline, I got good results. In fact, this has turned out to be one of my favorite sewing projects to date. A fun project, I plan to make another jacket, next time in white denim.

No comments:

Post a Comment