28 August 2016

Custom Leggings for 5-yr-old Granddaughter

I swear by this custom legging pattern listed at So Sew Easy; http://so-sew-easy.com/leggings-pattern-tutorial. The good news, the pattern is free (thank you So Sew Easy). There is a fabulous, fail-proof tutorial for how-to-measure and how to draw a leggings pattern based on your measurements. Pictured, I made custom-sized leggings for 5-year-old Natalie. Her waist measures at 20-1/2" inches. These leggings fit her like a glove, perfect around the waist, in the rise, front and back, and everywhere else that matters. From the leftover fabric, I was able to make a matching pair of leggings for Nat's dollie and, with that, a dollie top to go along. Simplicity has a line of doll clothing for 18" American Girl dolls, so making this mini-me outfit was quick and easy to do. I must mention, I have also made adult-size leggings for myself and again, the fit was just right and very comfortable.
http://so-sew-easy.com/leggings-pattern-tutorial/

No comments:

Post a Comment