11 September 2014

My China Blouse...that's what I call it

Here's a top I've been wanting to make forever.  This is the first time I have tried a Neue Mode pattern.  Because of the uncertainty of Neue Mode's pattern sizing and because these kinds of tops need to fit like a dream, I decided to make a muslin first.  Good thing; there were adjusments that needed to be made, i.e., raise the bust point by 3/4", adjust the shoulder seams to reduce gapping at the armhole, let out the back darts by about 1/4" and slightly tuck the back, horizontally at the center waistline for a smoother fit.  A very good fit after alterations were applied to the pattern; I am now a firm believer in making a muslin first!  At last, I am ready to tackle the make-or-break details, the Mandarin collar and the sleeve, both will have applied satin bias trim.  Fabric: Berry Pink Satin Print Jacquard (70% rayon, 30% polyester) from www.fashionfabricsclub.com.  I also applied a 9" invisible zipper at the back neck; the three frog closures were purchased and are for embellishment only.

No comments:

Post a Comment