04 January 2013

Chris' Black 'n White Series


Here's a series of black and white print tops I've made over the past several months, with the exception of the zebra print below which I made a while ago.  The jacket, Kwik Sew 3693, is my most recent project.  There are so many assymetrical designs out there, but I especially like this pattern because of the somewhat modified fullness of the jacket which provides for a sleeker fit on my 5'3" frame.  The other tops, from left to right, Vogue 8791, McCalls 6564, and Vogue 1049.




The Vogue 8791 top was made using a linen fabric from JoAnn Fabrics; the McCall's 6564, a Palmer Pletsch pattern, was made from a soft rayon fabric which I purchased online from FabricMart; and the Vogue 1049, a Today's Fit pattern by Sandra Betzina, was made using a polyester/lycra fabric.  Why so many black 'n white tops in a row?  For one reason, there was black thread on my sewing machine and the serger as well, lazy me; another reason, it's part of working my way through a fabric stash that's been piling up (why do I keep ordering more?); and then...it's about... hair color. Oh my : (   For reasons of convenience, exhaustion and sanity, I gave up coloring my hair some time ago.  The end result has been a silvery/white head of hair, just like my mom's used to be.  With that, I've had to rethink my whole color palette, my whole persona in fact.  I'm still working on that; not so bad.  Ray (my BFF hubby) tells me, "You look great, mama!...for your age" (ah, Men; you gotta love 'em).  So there you go; black and white series near completion.  Time to move along.








3 comments:

  1. With the look of these tops, I bet you look fabulous for any age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just something so smart and stylish about a black and white top! Love the drape of the jacket...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and white are always good choices. They can be sedate or punched up with a vibrant accent color. Nice sewing.

    ReplyDelete